Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Leave Taking

Memories come flooding,
like water cascading down a cliff.
Innocence and bravery,
a child's dream.

Familiar faces,
so distant, yet always present.
The paraphernalia,
of a burdened mind.

The valley is blooming,
singing praises of youth
and childhood happiness,
why am I unable to partake in this celebration?

Unhappy moments come reeling back.
Remind me of my despair and suffering.
Why now, as I prepare myself
to leave a part of my soul?

I withdraw
my tentacles that have taken root deep.
Seven long years of experiences,
being lodged forever in my brain.

I am detached,
of the place I love so much.
My home, my self, my refuge,
all a repository of memories.

I am not alone!


Wrote this when I was leaving school, more than two years ago. And now Im going back to visit. Will I "partake in the celebration" this time round?

No comments:

Post a Comment